Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc. (MMHC) was founded in May of 1968 as a private, not-for-profit corporation to seek, promote, assist and contribute to the improved mental health of the individuals, families, and communities in Mohave County. The agency operates outpatient clinics in Kingman, Bullhead City, and Lake Havasu City, with two group homes and a Level I Subacute Facility in Kingman as well.
The agency has evolved over the years in its scope of service delivery. Individuals eligible for Title XIX/XXI covered services are served under subcontract with Health Choice Integrated Care (HCIC) and Arizona Division of Health Services (ADHS) and are funded by AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System). Services are targeted to provide and promote self-growth through individualized, goal-directed, client-centered treatment with competent and responsive clinicians in a caring continuum of services.
Our care philosophy integrates the guiding principles of recovery identified by DBHS:
- persons in recovery choose services and are included in program decisions and program development efforts
- focus on individual as a whole person, while including and/or developing natural supports
- empower individuals taking steps towards independence and allowing risk taking without fear of failure
- integration, collaboration, and participation with the community of one’s choice
- partnership between individuals, staff, and family members/natural supports for shared decision making with a foundation of trust
- persons in recovery define their own success
- strengths-based, flexible, responsive services reflective of an individual’s cultural preferences
- hope is the foundation for the journey towards recovery
Services may be funded through the subcontract with HCIC and ADHS, AHCCCS, contracts with Rehabilitation Services Administration, Western Arizona Council of Governments, Mohave County, Department of Economic Security, private insurance, donations, or self-pay.
We welcome the opportunity to explore how we might serve you or your loved ones!